Terms and Conditions of Harrier Pest Prevention
Before we arrive
To help us to help you and to ensure the smooth running of the work, a few simple courtesies will make all our lives much easier.
A) Please be at home at the appointed time, have the means of payment ready, don’t wait until we are ready to leave before starting a cheque book hunt or going to the cashpoint.
B) Find any necessary keys, open any doors or gates and lock dogs away BEFORE we arrive.
C) Appreciate that we may be very busy, especially in the summer months. Please do not delay our technicians unnecessarily.
D) If we give you an appointment slot of say between 2 -5pm please do not ring us at 2.05pm to ask where we are.
We try and keep red tape to a minimum but for avoidance of misunderstanding and all the unpleasantness that brings, these are our terms of trade. Engaging us to do any form of work for you indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1) We do not offer credit terms except by prior arrangement. For work which is completed in a single visit e.g. wasps’ nests, the account must be settled on site immediately upon completion of the job. For fixed price work which is spread out over a number of visits e.g. rats or mice then a 50% deposit is taken on the first visit and the balance on the final visit. Where the job fee is on a per visit basis e.g. squirrel trapping, stage payments will be agreed at the start of the work.
2) Where credit is agreed on jobs of less than £100 in value a £10.00 invoicing fee will be added.
3) We accept payment by cash, cheque, Paypal, and direct bank credit. We can also accept Visa and Mastercard ON SITE ONLY. Cheque payments greater than £100 are by prior agreement only.
4) In the event that a cheque payment is dishonoured we will add a £10 administration fee, a further £10 for each follow up letter or phone call and £25 for each collection visit.
5) Unless previously agreed our minimum call out charge is £25. If we are called out on a wild goose chase, e.g. wasps which turn out to be solitary bees, wasps’ nest not on your property or for any other reason whereby no work is necessary or possible, a minimum call out charge of £25.00 will apply.
6) Jobs which are cancelled within 2 hours of the appointed time-slot will be subject to a minimum call out charge of £25. Jobs which require more than one technician to attend e.g. bed bugs, will be subject to a £100 charge if cancelled within 24 hours. Any materials we may have purchased for cancelled works must be paid for in full.
7) Jobs which are unable to proceed due to customer’s inadequate preparation of property e.g. property not properly prepared for a flea treatment, will be charged at £50 per technician sent.
8) If the customer is not at home when we arrive we will wait for a period of 10 minutes after which the minimum call out charge will be levied.
9) Jobs which require us to collect and return keys to another address, e.g. an estate agency will be subject to an additional £1.00 per mile each way, minimum extra charge £5.00.
10) If we are delayed on site for any reason not of our making, e.g. customer unable to find keys, customer not having means of payment ready, customer needing to ‘nip to the cash machine’ then we will charge £10 per ten minute delay or part thereof.
11) You must inform us when making the initial call if there are any circumstances which may affect the safety of the work, e.g. bats on the premises, or if any other pest control company, including the local authority, have refused to carry out the work on safety grounds.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Fuel is very expensive. If we visit your home and it transpires that no work is possible or necessary then a £25 minimum call out charge applies unless we have agreed to a free survey by prior telephone agreement.
Calling us out indicates your agreement to these terms.
Thank you for your understanding.